Revolabs devices are not fully supported by NocTel but can be added in the NocTel control panel as a Generic SIP Device. NocTel cannot guarantee that all of a device’s features will be supported when adding it as a Generic Sip Device.
The following guide covers adding the Revolabs FLX UC 1000 as a generic SIP device. While this guide is specifically aimed at the FLX UC 1000, other Revolabs may be similar to this process.
Adding a Generic SIP extension:
Before working with the device, a generic SIP extension needs to be added to the account and the device’s MAC address entered in the extension.
- Log into your NocTel Account.
- Click Extensions on the left-hand menu.
- Click the Add a New Extension link at the top of the extensions page.
- From the list of devices locate the Generic SIP Device section and click the Add Device button. This will take you to the new extensions option page.
- Give the extension a name and number, change the caller ID and 911 address, and change any other default settings that need adjusting.
- Click the > button in the Preferences for SIP Device to expand the widget.
- Enter the device’s MAC address in the text box and click Associate.
NOTE: The device’s MAC address is 12 characters in length composed of the digits 0-9 and letters A-F. It should be located on the bottom of the device. Examples: 4a:1b:22:a1:fe:c7 or 4a1b22a1fec7
- At the bottom of the page in the How to Configure Your Generic SIP Device section, take note of the SIP Host, SIP User ID, and the SIP Password. These will need to be entered on the device.
Connecting the UC 1000 Via the Web Interface:
- Follow the instructions provided by Revolabs for connecting the dialer and Base Unit and powering on the device.
- Press the Menu Button on the Dialer.
- Navigate to and select the Info Option.
- Note the IP Address for the UC 1000.
- Using a computer, open an internet browser and type in the IP address.
- For initial login, the password is 7386.
- Navigate to VoIP Settings.
In the Registrar field enter the SIP Host form the NocTel control panel.
- In the Backup Registrar field enter the Secondary SIP Host from the NocTel control panel, or if no secondary SIP host is shown re-enter the SIP host.
- In the Username field enter the SIP User ID from the NocTel control panel.
- In the Password field enter the SIP Password from the NocTel control panel.
- In the User ID field enter the SIP User ID from the NocTel control panel.
- Click the Save button.
Printable PDF - Connecting a RevoLabs Device.pdf