Call logs are found under Reports & Billing in the main control panel menu. The Call Log page shows the last 100 calls for the account. The Call Log page has search capabilities that allow users to query older logs up to 90 days. Clicking on a call in the log list will load the log's detailed page that contains further information on the call.
Searching Call Logs
Call logs can be searched using a combination of the four different fields found at the top of the list. The search will generate up to 100 call logs that match the search term and list them in descending order from the most recent timestamp. Multiple fields can be searched at once. The search can be started by clicking the search button or by pressing enter/return while in a search field.
In the timestamp field logs can be search based on a date and time. Dates can be entered in a YYYY-MM or YYYY-MM-DD format. The month and day fields must be in a two-digit form (01, 02, 03).
- 2018-11: Most recent 100 calls that took place on Nov. 2018
- 2019-01: Most recent 100 calls that took place in Jan. 2019
- 2019-01-05: Most recent 100 calls that took place on Jan. 5th, 2019
- 2019-01-15: Most recent calls that took place on Jan. 15th, 2019
Dates can also be searched in a manner that will show a limited range using YYYY-MM-D.
- 2018-11-0: Most recent 100 calls that took places between Nov. 1st, 2018 and Nov. 9th, 2018
- 2018-11-1: Most recent 100 calls that took place between Nov. 10th, 2018 and Nov. 19th, 2018
Timestamp searches can be limited further by adding the Hour or Hour and Minutes of the call time in UTC 24-hour format. While the logs are displayed in the local times for the account, the records are stored using UTC and searches must be converted to UTC to complete successfully.
To limit the search to call logs within a specific hour use YYYY-MM-DD HH format (the complete date must be entered). The search can also be limited to with a ten-minute block using YYYY-MM-DD HH:M or down to within a one-minute time frame using YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM.
- 2019-01-15 14: Most recent 100 calls that took place on Jan, 15th 2019 during 14:00 – 14:59 hours.
- 2019-01-15 14:1: Most recent 100 calls that took place on Jan, 15th 2019 during 14:10 – 14:19 hours.
- 2019-01-15 14:11: Most recent 100 calls that took place on Jan, 15th 2019 during 14:11:00 – 14:11:59 hours.
Call logs can be search based on call direction by using the drop down box provided. There are four options to choose from:
- Any: Any call direction.
- Inbound: Calls received to one of the numbers in your account from an outside source.
- Outbound: Call places by an extension in the account to an outside number.
- Direct: Calls placed between extensions in the account.
The source of the call is the number or extension that initiated the call. The source can be searched for by caller ID name, phone number, extension name, or extension number.
When searching for a specific phone number, the number should be entered as digits only no dashes, dots, or spaces. Phone numbers can also be searched for in parts such as the area code or last 4-digits. The search will return any entry that has those matching digits anywhere within the number.
- 505 – will return call logs for entries that contain 505 anywhere within the source number. 505.xxx.xxxx, xx5.05x.xxxx, or xxx.xxx.505x
The destination is the number or extension number (for direct calls) to which the call was placed. Only searches for the number or extension number can be performed in the destination field.
When searching for a specific phone number, the number should be entered as digits only with no dashes, dots, or spaces. Phone numbers can also be searched for in parts such as the area code or last 4-digits. The search will return any entry that has those matching digits anywhere within the number.
Detailed Call Logs
Clicking on a log in the list will open up a more detailed record. The detailed view includes the following information:
- Received Caller ID: Caller ID sent by the calling number/extension
- Initiated: Time the call was started
- Line Answered: Time the call was answered, either by a device, voicemail, or other inbound behavior action.
- Hang up: Time the call was terminated
- Record #: Unique ID that is given to each call
- Duration: Length of the call
- Inbound Minutes: Billable inbound minutes
- Outbound Minutes: Billable outbound minutes
- Call Progression: Details of the call progression through the inbound behavior steps set for the call, and other call actions.